Thursday 8 September 2011

Ganesha!!!

This past week has been the craziest in the past couple of months atleast!!..Its the festive season of Ganesh chaturthi and along with that a 10 days of running around to visit  'bappa' at different places!..Though its the same Bappa everywhere, i still feel something different and vibrant about every place I visit. It started with last Thursday where i visited all my friends who had ganesha at home only for one and a half days (how do they manage to bid him farewell in such a short time?? :'(  )). overloaded my stomach with savouries, at every place and in the end reached a saturation point where i couldn't have had another morsel!!.
I visited friends places all over Mumbai.. starting from my very own  Thane, Mulund, Dombivli, Ghatkopar, Bhayender, Andheri and all the 'pandals' in and around my college in Matunga!! ..oooh!!.I forgot to mention the Andheri satsang at some Boys hostel there!. It was the craziest and best of all i have ever attended! ( being a boys hostel, i got all the attention there...;) ) The guys there, (all of them being non AOL members) simply loved all the bhajans that we sang and ended up dancing to the tunes! :P  I was really impressed with their hospitality and service!.. I was meted out with a royal treatment where i was served the best of food. Apart from a few female volunteers there, I was the only girl and was made to feel like a queen for that one evening! ^_^
Ganesha's festive season is accompanied with the best of food that i have ever eaten..Modaks, pedas, puran polis, ahh.its uncountable!.. When I was a little kid, I asked my Grandfather, Why does Ganu have the face of an elephant?? :O...At that time, he told me the story of how ganesha was born. Parvati created him out of dirt from her body. She liked the idol so much that she blew life into it. Shiva did not know that the boy was his son and cut off his head. On realizing what he did, he placed the head of an elephant onto his body. Thus Ganesha, the elephant headed God  was born!..
And now its almost about time to bid farewell to bappa this year :( :( :'(.. But all I can do is wait for Him again next year till then it is.. Ganpati Bappa Morya, Pudchya varshi lavkar ya!!! :D














Few things this festive season
I am sick of eating sweets..:/ :/
I would have put on atleast 2 kilos of weight.. :( thanks to eating so much..:'(
I am doing my 3rd Art of living course named the Sahaj Samadhi meditation just within a year of doing my basic course!!! :D
I have my economics textbook beside me, and i am confused where to start from...:/
BMM projects are getting the hell out of me now...arrghhhh...:@
I need to practice more for my arangetram :/ :/
Just a random thought that came by :
I am not pretty, I am not beautiful, I know i am not the girl your dream
But yet I have a pure heart which beats only for you!!


                                                                                                                           Regards
                                                                                                                              Preeti!! :)

















1 comment: