Saturday 13 August 2011

A bond of love...and more!!

Today is Raksha Bandhan...a day dedicated to all brothers and sisters..On this day, the sister ties the rakhi to her brother's wrist and the brother in turn promises to protect and take care of her for the rest of his life..(this is the version of raksha bandhan which my grandparents told me about! ;) )..Nowadays, sisters tie a 'rakhi' to their brothers and the brother supposedly has his pocket empty buying a gift for his sister :P...
    I don't have any real brother..but i do have 2 cousin brothers, younger to me. As the ritual, every year i tie a rakhi to these two devils. When we were younger, it was more of an amusement for all three of us. We never understood the bond that we shared. We have grown up playing together, pulling each other's leg, doing the weirdest things and hell lot of masti!!.. Like any brother would, The two of them would keep irritating me everytime...doing all those things which would get me angry! :@.. Everytime we met, it would turn out to be a battleground, where there have been incidents of tvs breaking, walls being deprived of paints :P, volcanoes errupting (ohk..this is one of those dummy volcanoes which we can create at home using soda and vinegar! :D )the bed turns into a table tennis court :P...and lots and lots of things!!
        So, every year i tie a rakhi to them and they gift something..be it chcolates, bags, watch, clothes, money..But this year, I was shocked with the gifts i got..When i opened the bag, i saw there were 2 packets of maida, 2 packets of atta, and a packet of jaggery!!..:P..I was in for a big shock!..That was when my brothers told me that they want me to learn to cook and make pakodas out of the ingredients they gave me!!..I was highly impressed by the way these two DEVILS told me this!..I wouldn't have taken them seriously if they would have some and told me to learn cooking. What i liked best was the way they conveyed it to me!..and off course, i did get CADBURY'S CELEBRATIONS and a perfume ( selected by my brothers..which is very surprsing :/ )
    I am so proud of India and its culture about having 1 whole day dedicated for the brother and sister and that the tradition continues upto today!.. I love you both Rishabh and Kedar..And i am sure you will do a great job in taking care of this 'deedee' of yours, when we grow old!! :) :)

P.S. I will surely join some cooking classes and learn to cook at the earliest!! :P




No comments:

Post a Comment